Thursday, December 16

Task 14 of NIE: Conclusions

I generally am fond of new media and its related technologies. I have to be, I work in that field. New Interactive Environments course in that aspect offered a lot of interesting academic articles with which I otherwise  would not had the opportunity to get accuinted with.

 I enjoyed Kiosis and his statements made about what interactive something is. And Jensen´s overview of interactivity was especially noted by me, as it might have been the first thorough reading on the subject of the core value of interactivity.

I would havew expected more case-study-type home-task and somewhat more academic readings as the subject is very broad and therefore with a multitude of scholars working on it. A course managed by Kaido Kikkas called "Ehtics and Law in New Media" has so far been the best course on the subject on New Media (by its structure and object-related tasks).

I can say that since the star of autumn I know have a better understanding of what interactivity is and how it truly plays its role in basically every social (and maybe more) action we currently are participating.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Norbert,
    Thank you very much for contributing and sharing your thoughts. Your contribution has given a lot to the overall course.
    Merry Christmas!
    Terje

    ReplyDelete